Saturday, April 25, 2009

How To Pronounce Porsche

Noqw lots of people have pronounce Porche by saying PORSH. That's WRONG! Here is an exact quote from another website:
OK, I've had it. I can normally blow it off when I hear some ditzy blond say Porsche wrong because I don't expect her to know any better, but it gets under my skin when I hear a car guy mispronounce it over and over again. Before you get too far into the filming of Top Gear, you should first learn how to pronounce Porsche. Here's a good description of the correct pronunciation:

"Porsche
What is the correct pronunciation of Porsche? While the “proper” way to pronounce some German terms in English may be debatable, this isn't one of them. Porsche is a family name, and the family members pronounce their surname PORSH-uh, not PORSH! Same for the car. You don't say NYKE for Nike, so don't be lazy and leave off the e in Porsche! Porsche's U.S. TV commercials pronounce the name correctly and so should you."

Regards,
GTASANDMC Video Productions Team (Head Admin)

1 comment:

  1. Ya, I always used to say Porsh uh but, then I heard people say porshe so, I started saying it. Thanks telling me the correct way to say it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by GTASANDMC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://gtasandmc.blogspot.com/2009/03/get-permission-beyond-copyright.html.